Getting Started in Your New Business
About this Event
Starting and running a new business can be tough. The great news is, the earlier you get in with the right planning, know-how and advice, you can significantly improve your chances of business success. At the Getting Started in Your New Business workshop you’ll find out what you need to start considering now and what you can do to help your business grow to the next level. You’ll also gain an understanding of the common errors that can take a new business down, and how to avoid them.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop will be held as an IN-PERSON event unless regulation changes require us to deliver it as a webinar event.
What you’ll learn at this workshop:
• What is your business idea? How do you critically evaluate it? (Resource kit provided)
• Which business structure is best for you? The advantages and pitfalls of being a sole trader, company, trust or partnership.
• Choosing, finding, securing and protecting your business name and other intellectual property
• Funding your business. What are your options?
• How to find an accountant to suit you and your business
• ABNs, GST & BAS. Requirements and obligations explained.
• Mentors and business advisers. Understanding their value, and how they can help.
• How to develop a simple business plan for your stage of business
• Setting a budget for revenue and expenses
This is a great workshop to meet other new business owners of the Blacktown area and share ideas.
Book today. Seats are limited.
Who this workshop is for?
Anyone in business for less than two years in the Blacktown area, and those contemplating starting a new business.
About the presenter:
Jeremy Carter is the CEO of Rapport Leadership International in Australia. Jeremy started his career as a computer engineer and worked his way up to being the Oceania Managing Director of international technology company, National Instruments. In the subsequent two years, he increased revenue by 62% without increasing headcount.
Since leaving the corporate world, he has worked for fourteen years as a leading business and executive coach, winning numerous awards and recognition for both himself and his clients, including finalist for Outstanding Business Leader at the 2019 Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence.
Joy Ford is the Principal of Beyond Taxation, a CPA accounting practice based in Western Sydney that specialises in supporting SME business owners with bookkeeping, accounting and advisory services.